- Use your library, your school or a computer to find information about trees and plant life.
- On a computer you can go to the Internet to find more web sites that tells about taking care of the earth.
- Think about the gifts that trees give us.
- Participate in tree planting and tree care programs with your family, school or community.
- Suggest tree planting and tree care activities to your friends, family, school and community.
- Plant a seedling or a tree and watch it grow. Learn to care for it. Choose a tree in your yard, on your street or in your town as a special friend.
- Watch it grow.
- What shape is it?
- How is it different or the same as other trees.
- What is its bark like?
- What shape and color are its leaves?
- How does it change from season to season?
- What animals and birds live in your tree?
- Take a picture or draw a picture of your tree.
- Write a story or poem about your tree.
- Measure your tree. See how many times your hands or arms go around your tree. Your tree will like that big hug!
- Keep a journal about your tree.
- Ask your friends to do the same thing so you can compare trees.